- Thankfully, dreams can change. If we all stuck with our first dream, the world would be overrun with cowboys and princesses.
- If you do get your dream, you are not a winner.
- Now there are few rules in improv...You are not the most important person in the scene. Everybody else is. And if everybody else is more important than you are, you will naturally pay attention to them, and serve them...No one is leading, you're all following the follower, serving the servant, you cannot win improv. And life is an improvisation. You have no idea what's going to happen next and you are mostly just yanking ideas out of your ass as you go along.
- And like improv you cannot win your life...
- In my experience, you will truly serve only what you love, because service is love made visible. If you love friends, you will serve your friends. If you love community, you will serve your community. If you love money, you will serve your money. And if you love only yourself, you will serve only yourself...and only have yourself. So no winning. Instead try to love others and serve others, and find those who will love and serve you.
Stephen Colbert's Northwestern Commencement Speech