Dennis Rodman

One of the most misunderstood pro athletes ever.

I first knew him through my basketball cards. I knew he was part of the Bad Boy Pistons that rivalled my beloved Chicago Bulls. I knew that he shared a birthday with my grandma.

I also knew that when the Bulls got him in October 1995 for freekin' Will Perdue, I knew the Bulls were going to be good.

How good?

They won a record 72 games.

I always remember how at 6'8, 210 lbs, he was able to render useless a 23-year old 7'1, 300 lb Shaquille O'Neal.

The video and song below represents his style of play: ugly, but pretty goddamned effective. We always expected him to make the dirty, but key plays. To a certain extent, I play kinda like him, except chopping off a little over a foot of height and various piercings and tattoos.



Recently, he was inducted into the basketball hall of fame.

He gave an intensely emotional speech, coming down from a bit of a wild, yet enigmatic public persona.

No comments:

Post a Comment